We are looking to hire a Senior Associate to join our investment team and focus on incubation investment opportunities. In this role, you will be responsible for researching and developing new business ideas, and then partnering with Entrepreneurs in Residence to launch these businesses by providing capital and operational support. Primary has already incubated several companies, most recently Ollie, a direct to consumer fresh pet food brand that has now raised over $12 million from investors including Canaan, Lerer Hippeau and WME. We are planning to launch a number of incubation investments over the next few years.
The ideal candidate is resourceful, data-driven, well-networked and ready to hustle. You see both the forest and the trees, and you connect the dots better than any of your peers. In this role, you will develop business cases and investment recommendations for incubation opportunities by analyzing successful business models; gathering insights from other investors, operators/entrepreneurs and industry experts; and conducting market research and applying those insights to other markets and opportunities. You will then work with EIRs to launch new businesses and lead Primary’s investment process, including building the best investor syndicate for the round. You will then continue to support the success of the business with the help of Primary’s Portfolio Impact Team, which provides a full suite of operating support, from talent to business development to content marketing and more.
Do you think you would be an awesome Senior Associate? If so, here’s how your mom should describe you:
- 3-8 years of real-world work experience, preferably on the high end of that.
- You figure sh*t out and can work independently. We don’t need to hold your hand to figure out what you have to do next.
- Hustle is your middle name. Need to get an answer or get something done? You will make that cold call. You will ask for that favor. You will bust down that door. You do what it takes!
- You are a voracious learner, and you love understanding how companies become successful. You get a rush from mining for those insights and analyzing them.
- You love thinking of new business ideas. You keep a notepad next to your bed so you can jot down all the ideas that come to you in the middle of the night.
- Ideally, you’ve worked in a PE/VC role. You know concepts such as TAM, CAC/LTV and how to read a term sheet.
- You are not an a**hole. You might be a superstar genius, but if people don’t think of you as a genuinely nice person, then you definitely don’t belong here.
Think you’re the one? Email me!
About Primary Venture Partners
Primary Venture Partners is an early-stage venture capital firm based in New York City. We have invested in the first round of companies such as Jet.com (acquired by Walmart of $3.3 billion), Coupang (last valued at $5 billion), Ticketfly (acquired by Pandora for $450 million) and TxVia (acquired by Google). We are focused on pre-seed and seed-stage consumer and B2B startups based in NYC, and we strive to be the most valuable and trusted partner to our portfolio companies.