We're Expanding Our Team!
Primary is looking for a rockstar up and comer in the New York tech scene to join our investment team!
After a great two year run with us, Dave Sheen has moved on from his role as a Principal at Primary to join our portfolio company Vestwell as VP Finance and Strategy. So we are on the hunt for a replacement to work with GP Brad Svrluga on all of our B2B investment activity. We are just now closing our second fund, so this is the perfect time for a new team member to jump on board.
This is someone who comes in at the Senior Associate level, at least: think 3-8 yrs real world experience, and biased towards the high end of that. Definitely an independent operator, self starter, super hustler, obsessive networker, and all that predictable stuff.
The perfect candidate has the following characteristics:
- Some startup operating experience - knows the landscape, can empathize and build credibility with founders.
- Strong core analytic toolset of the sort you would acquire if your first gig out of college was at a place like McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, or Insight
- MBA ideal, but not at all essential....interested in it more because it means you bring a broader network than because of what you learned there
- Proven networking capabilities and, ideally, a ready-to-roll network in the NYC Tech community, and maybe even broader to SF and/or Boston
- Knowledge of SaaS and enterprise tech landscapes
- Interested candidates should get a warm intro from a trusted contact of Brad's. Have that connection forward to firstname.lastname@example.org a CV, LinkedIn profile, and an email describing the special sauce the candidate brings to the table.
Comp will depend on the specific person and their experience, but will certainly be market competitive, and include upside in the fund.
This is moving fast, with a number of interesting candidates already in the pipeline, so serious candidates should reach out ASAP! We look forward to meeting you!